A Layman's Study of the Original Intent of the Framers
The Institute for Constitutional Policy is pleased to announce that Curtis Coleman's original study, Origins of the Constitution, a layman's study of the original intent of the Framers, is now available on DVD. Filmed onsite while being taught by The Institute's founder and chairman, Curtis Coleman, this 12-session non-partisan study is examination of the Framer's original intent and purpose.
Origins of the Constitution includes a description of the original understanding of key Articles and Amendments, and includes an explanation of the current state of the law and its historical development.
The "Origins" examination includes:
- The evident meaning of key words
- The meaning of key words at the time they were first written
- The meaning in comparison with other sections of the Constitution
- The meaning according to the words by the Framer suggesting the language
- The meaning in the context of the revolutionary struggle in which they were written
- How and why it matters to us today.
Without question, the Framers formed a frame of government for "ourselves and our Posterity." "We the people" includes the generation of the Framers down to and including our own. It may well be up to us if our Constitution will include our children's generation.
Recommended for high school-age students and older.